Thursday, March 8

Hello from West Virginia

I had to post this photo of Hunter-he definitely does throw little tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants or if you just can't give him something quick enough. Patience is not his virtue. photo's like this is what makes scrapbooking so fun for me--I can journal my thoughts and my grandchildren can read them later, especially when their children act up! I really miss Chloe and Hunter when we have a week long trip


This is Thursday, our fourth day here. Red Roof Inn has become our second home (or so it seems). I would much rather stay in the motor home, but it is still a little too cold to depend on water and sewer services not freezing up - and that would not be a pretty site!!!!


Anyway, Gayle is working about 10 hours a day and I am crafting about 6 of those hours here at the hotel room. I get a lot of my card swaps caught up that way. Here is the card I made yesterday for a Spring Card Swap-the colors turned out delightful: safron, bashful blue, designer paper, and one of my favorite stamp sets- Simply Said... See what you think....

Today I am working on some 6x6 recipe cards for a "Farmers market swap" --It is an A-Z swap using recipes for veggies or fruits you would find at the upcoming market scene. I chose "Fried Green Tomatoes" - what else would a southerner do with those green tomatoes--when I posted my recipe title, most of the swappers have never tried them and are excited. Imagine that! It's always fun to find out what favorite foods other's enjoy! I'm off to take my daily walk, it is chilly because of the wind, but the sun is shining so beautifully.
***I've also been reading a biography of Aimee Semple McPherson, a pentecostal evangelist who was a lively, controversial, and dynamic lady of the 1920-1930's. A courageous woman who influenced the course of religion with her dramatic flair.
Hebrews 13:8 " Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today, and forever."



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Betty, it is Susan (USA ATC SWAP)

I decided to check out your blog. What I have seen so far is WONDERFUL. I have it in my favs now. Your grandkids and kitty are adorable. and you and your hubby are a handsome couple!! I would love it if you'd email me.
thanks, Susan