Monday, March 19



My Creative Attempts:

This is my first attempt at "Altered Art". My DIL, Traci gave me this empty cappuccino bottle. I have seem many of them decorated and think they are so cute! So here is what I came up with. I was surprised how quickly it came together - this would be a great project for any occassion.

I used Stampin'Up! designer series paper (Rebecca), embossing folder (Bloom Dots) from my cuttlebug, Stampin Up grosgrain ribbon in rose and chocolate, a stamp from "Riveting" which is a SU hostess set, red line tape and dimensional plus my fabulous "Stickles" glue for the center of flowers. I think it turned out pretty good and it was fun to make.

My card swaps have been completed for the month and my next venture is to create things for my scrapping room. Watch out recycle bin - I have a folder full of ideas using bottles, cans, cereal boxes, etc, etc......

FAMILY :

Jeremy made a visit to our little town on Saturday to visit Chloe and Hunter. Gayle and I went over to Jason and Traci's home and it was wonderful to have family all under one roof, even if it was a short time! And best of all, none of us were sick. Of course, I didn't even think of bringing my camera so I have no photo's to post.




SCRIPTURAL INSIGHT:


I think I must be growing in my faith, for once I would have wondered if God still loves me- after all, He could stop these trials coming and work miracles in the lives of loved ones in distress. But I have found that it is times like these, that God is working in my life and the lives of others, and I come to know that He is my only salvation spiritually and in coping with life.
Over the past years, I have built a network of Christian friends both in real life and online who have been wonderful in prayer support and love. I believe with all my heart that the LORD brings these wonderful people into our lives to minister and grow. (It is so true that the Christian cannot live on an island- we need each other.)
I do not know why God allows constant trials to beset some of us, when others seem to sail through life- but I do know that He never leaves us or forsakes us. It is in coming to Him and in prayer with the Body Of Christ, that His love for us is manifested during times of trial.
None of us are immune from hardship, but God has made an escape from the torment through Him- in prayer and reading the Word and being prayed for and having friends pray with you. That to me is love in action. It is the way Christ would want it to be, for He takes no delight in our suffering.
I would encourage those of you who, like me are suffering under various trials, to cling close to God, to His Word- store it in your heart so that it lives there- and seek out Christian faithful prayer warriors. The prayer of a righteous man or woman avails much.

No comments: