Saturday, April 5

Taking time to Update


I do love Jesus. He is my source of existence and my Savior. He keeps me functioning each and everyday. Without Him, I will be nothing. Without Him, I am nothing, with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><


I'm happy to take the time to update my blog! I miss not posting regularly, but life sure takes it's toll on me - days go by faster and I get slower. Also, if Gayle (my hubby) works out of town, then Budye and I go with him . Here I am in the hotel room - surfing! Most of my computer time is taken by reading blogs for new ideas and techniques, which I never get to try out. Each day I look at the Stampin' Up! site (I am a demo) to get company updates . There is so much creative talent out their in cyberspace, mine seems so inadequate.


I enjoy swapping cards and atc's, so have become involved with several groups. I recently got "enabled" by my friend Joani who has joined TAC (The Angel Company) and ordered some of the most darling stamps. Link to her blog to read all about them and how she creates wonderful cards like this:

She sent me this thank you card for the order I placed, the color combo is excellent choices for my taste.

Another online friend, Cheryl, joined this same company about the same time. Please stop by their blogs and if you want some really cute acrylic stamps at great prices, they will be happy to help you out. Just tell them Betty sent you!
Cards Made by Hand2 (CMBH) is a small card group that I have being swapping with also. There are groups of 3 people who swap cards each month after signing up for whatever theme that interest us. No particular brand of papers or stamps or inks required which is great for the card maker without lots of supplies laying around. Recently I swapped on the "Baby, Asian and Red Hat Swaps" - Here are examples of the cards I received.
You can see the quality of the cards and how much thought the stamper puts into her creations. It is so much fun to get something in the mail other than bills and junk!
Check out swaps that are available and maybe you will find a new outlet for your creative side. I know I'm glad I did......
OK _OK - You are probably thinking - Where are some cards Betty made???? I'm not one to disappoint people so here we go with my creations:


Butterfly card and matching ATC (artist trading card) and the golf card is a stamp from Stamping Bella - these are such cute stamps! Now the Octagonal (looks like a stop sign?) is for a swap called "Geometric"--My hubby gave me some florescent orange tape which I added to the edges - Cool, Huh? The sentiments says: Life is too short...color outside the Lines; which is one of the TAC stamp sets !





While I was out in the garage (that's where I find the best light to take photo's of my cards) my cat "Smokey" came around to see what was going on. He lives in the garage and favors Gayle to myself (unless I am feeding him). He is such a furry cat and when you see him outside, his markings could be mistaken for a skunk. We have had him for about five years.

2 comments:

Joani said...

Yeah Betty!! You've updated!
I LOVE that shape card you made! You did an awesome job!!!
Love the kitty too!
Hugs,
Joani

Barb said...

Hi Betty, I just love your cat - way too cute.
I was wondering what you used to edge the octagonal card I got from you as I really like it, what a neat idea.
I just started my blog & added yours as one of my favorites. Is that ok with you.

Barb (CMBH Catscrafting).