Thursday, July 24

Peaches and Peaches (some are even fruit)



What a Peach!











As As the photo's will show - I'm talking of peach fruit trees and "peachie" grandchildren!!!











Gayle and I love to watch Chloe and Hunter in the garden - children make it fun! Gardening started out being a hobby but now we grow so much that canning could be a chore if it didn't taste so good in the winter!




I anticipate lots of cobblers this year as the orchard we planted about six years ago, has produced some nice fruit this year. The fruits are small, but juicy and sweet.




You will also notice lots of canning of pickles from cucumbers, cherry jam from my good friend Bev's cherry tree and everything else is from our garden.

~She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.~ Proverbs 31:27-28

6 comments:

Stephenie said...

Betty you HAVE to teach me to can oh please!!! I beg of you. Also, hope to see you next Friday! Hugs.

Stephenie said...

Oh, I love your scripture!! Beautiful.

Stephenie said...

I know you rarely get on here but I am giving you a BFF blogger award thingy, look at my blog to accept. Hugs!

Joani said...

Betty ~ I know you rarely get to blog but I've nominated you for an award on my blog ~ you so deserve it! It's one way to get you to blog :)
Hugs,
Joani

Nicola said...

Wow that's alot of jars. Great going. I have something for you too. come on over.

Hugs
Nic

AngelRenee said...

I left you an award on my blog because your work inspires me. Hope you can come and pick it up.

Hugs Renee