Wednesday, August 27

Birthday Card








Tuesday was my hubby Gayle's birthday and this is the card I made for him. It doesn't look like your traditional birthday card, but neither are we, so let's get out of the box!






I have this cute GinaK stamp set called "Love you to Pieces" which seemed appropriate and he likes the retired SU Cool Caribbean and I tried out my new nestabilities (classic scallop rectangular-large) with my cuttlebug I forgot to write down what set the birthday cake was from - oh well, at least I got the picture! For the sentiment, I took verses from an assortment of poems and sentiments and put them together. He thought it was cool.....and that's all I needed.




On to my next project:


I signed up for a challenge at PWA / the winner will get all pieces from the crafters who have signed up - I sure would like to win!


Anywho--I had this delightful card made with alcohol inks for the background and a delightful image of a lighthouse (Joani, do you recongnize this?) and I had trimmed it with beads from Stampin Up.


But, I didn't want to just enter a card, so as I was thinking; I noticed that it fit perfectly on top of the plastic stamp box that it was laying on -- "LIGHTBULB goes on" and I added a piece of O SO Sticky tape and SU real red grosgrain ribbon and this is the trinket box:
What do you think?

4 comments:

Barb said...

Wow Betty what a super job you did on both of these. I love the B-day card colors & the lighthouse card looks like there is movement in the card the way the inks turned out.

Smiles, Barb

Cheryl said...

Betty, such pretty work. I think the birthday set is Birthday Whimsy (not sure tho). also love your poem--made me smile. Your light house is spectacular. Maybe you will win. HOPE SO.
thanks for the card you sent me. I will cherish it. It will be on my blog when I get it photographed. You are a sweet friend.
Cheryl

Joani said...

Oh Betty! You will win for sure! Your lightbulb worked! I vote for you!! I remember that day, so long ago :)
I just love love love it! I'm rootin' for you!
And I love the card you made Gayle! It's so cute!
Glad to see the blog updated :) are you out of tomatoes?
Hugs,
Joani

Stephenie said...

Oh wow Betty this is beautiful! I would vote for you just let me know how, it is beautiful!
Hope to see you soon!
Stephenie