Wednesday, September 24

Message in A Bottle - I Received My first one!!!

















WOW! I received my "first" Message in a Bottle - How fun does this look? If you are interested click on the bottle on my sidebard - you will find all the information there.....

Vintage, ephemera items and just plain junk (LOL) interests me to no end. I keep lots of interesting looking items that I don't know what to do with BUT surely someday something will pop into this silly head of mine! Recently a lady sent me some old pepsi bottle metal caps that had the "cork liners" -- does anyone besides me remember these? It brought back memories of my grandaddy Davis' old country store -- he would give us a candy bar if we collected all the used bottles customers laid down in and outside the store -- Jackpot for us! Don't you just love memories -- Yes they are PRICELESS !


Ok, let's get back to my "bottle" --- it had some little dominoes and some crafty person made a necklace by altering a domino, adding beads and a rope --I just love the colors --wanna see?


I have seen these piece of altered art on other sites and even printed out directions, but no, I have not tried it yet. One of these days, I'm over-powering my hubby's shop, clean off an entire table and start using my alcohol inks, and all that other messy stuff- WaHoo...
Maybe, I'll invite some friends to come over and help me make a mess - What do you think?
Have a happy day, I'm off to look in my "treasure chest" and send a couple of bottles off to others who are anxiously waiting by their mailboxes.....
Should you want a bottle to come to your mailbox, just e-mail me at: bgtodd2003@yahoo.com First 2 people only....

1 comment:

Joani said...

How cool is that!! I've never seen a bottle before ~ That's the coolest thing Betty! Congrats on your new "loot".
Hugs,
Joani