Tuesday, September 23

New Members to our Family!






Isn't it amazing how animals have a way of growing around your heart just like children do? Gayle brought in two kittens the other day and they are so cute. I am still trying to think of names for them. The yellow one (male) is tiny and still sleeps a lot. The gray stripe (female)one is outgoing and gets into everything.

We wondered how our dog Budye (bichon friese, male)would react to not being the center of attention. Surpisingly, he has become their guardian; he licks them after they eat (probably just wants the food?)and if they run off and start crying, he jumps down off the sofa to go look for them. It is so funny to watch.


OK - Let's move on to some stamping talk.

This is the first year that I have really thought about participating in World Card Making Day, October 4th. With so many stamps, cardstock, ribbons, and embellishments in my stash - I decided to use some of them. My weakness is buying Stampin' Up!'s designer cardstock, storing it on a shelf, and just looking at all the delightful colors and patterns. This year's In-Colors have appealed to me and I adore the d/p "Green Tea".
The cards I made with those cannot be posted because they are for my "internet stamping buddies". Now this card features one of my new Cuttlebug embossing folders called: "Autumn Type" and I used Always Artichoke for the base, Not Quite Navy (although it shows up brighter cause I took this photo outside), highlighted the word autumn with a gold leaf pen, stamped a leaf and cut it out and mounted it with dimensionals. I did another one but highlighted the word BLESSINGS.




2 comments:

Joani said...

Buddy's going to give them a run for their money :)

I love how you put your card outside to take a pic.
Love it!!
Hugs,
Joani

Viv said...

Awww what adorable kittens and Budye is SOO cute!!
I've got a cat with the same markings as the grey one, so called him Smokey.
Love the card you made. I'm really impressed that you managed to highlight the word so neatly. I would have made a complete mess of it.
Thanks for visiting my blog and your lovely comments.
Viv xx